Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Anderson Family Vacation...aka....FLORIDA!!!


For Christmas last year John's parents gave all nine of their kids a great gift! They rented a beach house in St. Augustine, FL and we all met down there in May!! So much fun! I can't even begin to explain how refreshing it was to be away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life! John had a great time hanging out with his five brothers! We were about a minute away from the beach and totally took advantage of it :) I am warning you, this is going to be a picture overload!! I loved every bit of our getaway and want to share it with you!

This was our view every morning!!! I wanna go back NOW!!


Blake's first wave! This picture makes me giggle :)
Daniel, Brad, and John.....Walking the beach :)
Learning how to fly a kite!
Trever took good naps on the beach. I would walk around out in the water with him until he fell asleep then lay him under the umbrella and he was in baby heaven!
We visited an old fort. Blake wasn't too sure about these guys. Didn't want to have much to do with them.

Blake was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a sweet princess at the top of the "castle"!

These were original cannons to this fort! Pretty cool!
"I wonder if Mom and Dad would be mad if I shot this little monster of a brother out of this thing?"

Teasing Uncle Michael :) This vacation made everyone a bit ornery!

Trever decided getting up early was a great idea....I am glad he made me get up too. We went and watched the sunrise and dolphins play!! Made my day!!


Mama Sandy got lots of relaxing and reading done! So happy for her :)


John and I snuck out for a date since we had babysitters :) We went to Ripley's. It was super expensive to get in and not worth the money but there were some pretty cool things in there!!
Like the World's smallest car!
And this really HUGE magnifying glass!






I love Tim Tebow and can't wait to watch my new favorite football team play this year :)






We went to a dolphin sanctuary. Blake wanted to swim with them really bad...too bad he can't swim and I wasn't going to pay $225 for 30 minutes of fun....what a lame mom I am!!


We took about 6 pictures with this shark jaw and for the life of us could not get Blake to
stop staring at the teeth!


Girls day!!! We went shopping in the little town square that was way cute and had some super yummy gelato!! Mmm I can still take that pink grapefruit!


This restaurant was out on the water and had little trap doors at all the tables so you could feed them scraps. It was a great way to keep the kids busy!



So pretty! We went deep sea fishing. I have always wanted to do this!! Unfortunately I think this was my last time :( The rocking ocean did not like my tummy at all. I didn't get to fish one time...instead I threw up the whole time!! Poor poor me!

Me and my love :) Isn't he a catch!?!

Yep, cell service 9 miles out!

The only fish that was caught!

The meat was very very tasty! John's brother grilled some up with some Alfredo one night! DELISH!





Fun little splash pad!
The last night :( Everyone was reminiscing about their childhood. It was fun to sit and listen to their stories.
Bye bye Florida!!!

Thanks for the very memorable vacation!!! We love y'all!!


















These pictures are REALLY out of order. Hope you enjoyed them anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment