Monday, December 3, 2012

My Birthday!!!

 
I had a great birthday month this year. We went to the park for our weekly play date and my sweet friend brought chocolate cupcakes! These are some of the kiddos that we go to the park with. I have been blessed with some great friends and thankfully we all have kids about the same ages so play dates have been fun!
 
 
 This is the my actual birthday. I am part of a produce coop called Bountiful Baskets! This is the sorting process... YUMMY!!! It is always a great surprise to find out what we are getting to take home that week!
 
So I have ALWAYS wanted to run a half marathon. I started to train for one then got pregnant with Blake. Started to train again for one and got pregnant with Trever. AHHH!!! These babies!!! So this summer I was bound and determine to run a half marathon!! I signed up for one before I even started training so that I couldn't back out! I decided on the Rock n Roll Half in Denver. It is a HUGE race and I wanted to be surrounded by lots of positive racing energy for my first big race! I wanted to make a big birthday girls weekend out of the event so I invited my sister and best friend Kellyn to join me. We left on a Friday morning and planned on coming home Sunday. We had to go to the Event Expo the night before the race to pick up my race packet.
 
None of us had been to IKEA before so we stopped for some shopping and ate dinner there. I carbed up on some delicious mac and cheese!
 
 
This is my friend, who I also babysit for and she used to be my teacher in middle school. She ran the race also and whooped up on me!!! We snapped this picture before the race. I actually wasn't even that nervous to my surprise. The course had local rock bands placed randomly throughout the race. It was great to keep your spirit up. Even though I felt like, well, CRAP!! My knees hurt soooo bad.
 


 
 But I pushed through. I had set a goal of 2:10:00. I beat my goal by 6 minutes. Very very pleased with my finish. I can't wait to do another half marathon. I am addicted!!!
 
 
After some showering and shopping we met up with a childhood friend for a nice birthday/race celebration at the Melting Pot. We had so much fun! Lots of yummy food, drinks, and giggles were had by all!!!

 
 
 
We finished our weekend off by shopping on the way home from Denver. It was a great weekend and I am so thankful for my supportive husband allowing me to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment